MACHINE EMBROIDERED LANDSCAPE WORKSHOPwith Linda McBain Cuyler
|2-Day Workshop, October 17-18, 2018
In this class you will try your hand at a painted, machine embroidered landscape. Whether you are new to machine embroidery or already know the basics, you will have fun as you start to play with paint and textures. After that, you will choose one of several provided scenes and paint the background with acrylic paint. Next, embellish and add visual interest and depth with machine embroidery. Finally, you will add even more texture with bobbin work and appliqué. Your completed piece (approximately 5” x 7”) will make a beautiful framed work of art. For the workshop you will require a sewing machine that is in good working order. You can view her work at
More Upcoming Workshops: To be announced as information becomes available.
Workshop Registration Policies
Each year the guild organizes workshops based on demand and/or availability of instructors. Our policy for Workshop Registration Procedures and Payment as well as our Cancellation/Refund Policy are provided below. Please familiarize yourself with these policies before registering. The MCQG reserves the right to cancel a Workshop at any time.
To inquire contact the MCQG by email on our contact page; we will get back to you as quickly as possible. Please refer to the “Calendar” as well, for dates and times of all guild events.
Workshop Registration Procedures and Payment
- Workshop fees are required at time of registration (and will be deposited).
- Workshops are filled on a first‐come basis with full payment.
- Procedures to register in a Workshop are:
- a) Complete a registration form and submit to the Workshop coordinator,
- b) Provide a cheque for the full amount of the Workshop fee, and
- c) Make cheques/money-orders payable to "Mountain Cabin Quilters Guild" or "MCQG" and mail to: Attn: Workshop Coordinator, Box 8008, Canmore, AB, T1W 2T8
- Non-members may apply and the Workshop fee will be ~20% more than the member Workshop fee.
- Priority will be given to members for about 3 weeks after a workshop is advertised. A specific date will be set for each workshop, after which time non-members will be registered on a first‐come basis with full payment.
- Registrants may cancel a workshop registration before the deadline date and receive a full refund. The deadline date will depend on the requirement of the Workshop instructor and workshop venue). The deadline date is typically 30 days before the start date of the workshop .The refund will be issued by cheque.
- No refund of the registration fee will occur after the deadline date.
- If registrants are unable to attend after the deadline date, registration is transferable if the registrant:
- a) arranges to send someone in their place and
- b) informs the Workshop coordinator of their replacement
- If there are insufficient registrations, Workshops will be cancelled and a full refund issued.
- Registrants, who must cancel for a good reason (beyond the registrant's control) on the day of a workshop when it is impossible to find a replacement, will receive a credit for a subsequent Workshop fee if the education budget in the current year is overall in the black.