By submitting a quilt registration(s) in the show, the quilter agrees to the following conditions:
- HANGING SLEEVE – The quilter will prepare their own hanging sleeve for each quilt. Finished sleeve opening MUST BE A MINIMUM OF 5 INCHES WIDE so the quilt can be hung on the stands crossbar. Hanging Sleeve with a 5″ Pocket. If you have an art quilt that was prepared for hanging at the Visions show with the dowel and eye bolt screws that is acceptable for hanging.
- INSURANCE – It is the owner’s responsibility to arrange insurance. The Canmore Recreation Centre and MCQG will not be held responsible for any damages or theft of displayed items. All possible care and security will be taken.
- QUILTS DISPLAYED FOR ENTIRE SHOW – All quilts must remain on display until the show closes at 4pm on Sunday. If your quilt is sold, delivery arrangements and costs are the responsibility of the exhibitor.
- PAYMENT & COMMISSION – Payment is made directly to MCQG. Cheque, cash, e-transfer or credit card payments are acceptable. The MCQG will retain a commission of 20% on quilts sold at the show and then issue payment by cheque or e-transfer to the seller for the balance of 80%.
- PHOTOS – Photography is allowed. MCQG may take photos for guild archival and promotional purposes.
Quilters living in the Bow Valley (West of Ghost Lake to Lake Louise) who are not Mountain Cabin Quilt Guild members are invited to submit a quilt into the show. The submission fee is $20. This fee will be refunded if the quilter joins the MCQG before the beginning of the show.
If you would like a critique of your quilt by Anna Buzzalino, Internationally known traditional and art quilter, please indicate yes on the registration form and purchase a separate $20 quilt critique ticket. The critique will provide positive feedback and suggestions for improvements.
Quilt Registration deadline: Thursday September 1, 2022 not later than midnight
Quilt drop-off at Canmore Recreation Centre: Friday, Sep. 23, 2022 from 9:00 – 9:30am
Please check in your quilt. If your pick up plans and/or designated person change, let the take-in crew know at this time
Quilt pick-up at Canmore Recreation Centre: Sunday, Sep. 25, 2022 from 4:30 to 5:00pm
The show ends at 4 pm. Please allow 30 minutes for show take down. No pick up prior to 4:30pm. No quilt will be released until it is checked out to the designated person(s) indicated on the registration ticket.
Important Please Read Before you Enter your Quilts!!
If you are entering multiple quilts fill out one quilt registration entry at a time and fully submit the registration. Then submit another quilt registration. Do not enter 2 or more. If you click on 2 or more entries it will ask you for different names and emails for each entry as the system thinks tickets are being purchased for multiple people versus multiple quilt registrations. Thank you for helping us automate the registration system and making it easier for our volunteers.