Upcoming Workshops and Road Trips
A BASIC INTRODUCTION TO WET FELTING by Jillian Roulet
The cost of this workshop is for active guild members is $80 plus $15 for a kit. Contact Siobhon for more information.
There are no road trips currently planned. Information will be posted as soon as it becomes available.
INTERLEAVE WORKSHOP with Joan Loomis
2-Day Workshop, October 19-20, 2019 THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL
The Interleave quilting technique was devised by Lori Cranor, a Computing Scientist from Mellon University. Interleave quilts are pieced with thin strips of fabric using a quilt-as-you-go technique. These thin strips are cut from two panels of fabric and pieced alternating strips from each panel. Strips can be shifted to form a wave pattern (as shown above). The result is a complex-looking quilt that can be pieced quite quickly and made into cushion covers, place mats, bags or runners.
This workshop fee is $75 for active members only. Unfortunately this workshop is currently FULL with a waiting list.
The workshop will be held from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm in Meeting Room 1, Fenlands Recreation Centre, Banff .
PLAY WITH PIECING WORKSHOP with Cathie Ugrin
November 21, 2019, 9 am to 4 pm
Cathie from Textile and Fibre Artists of Manitoba (TFAM) will be here to teach a fun and easy way to play with piecing. Using a technique developed by Joe Cunningham - joethequilter.com , Cathie will guide you through the process of cutting and piecing fat quarter fabrics to create a unique piece of art. At the end of this six-hour session, each student will be well on their way to completing a fabulous and individualized piece of fibre art for the wall, table or bed.
This workshop fee is $80 for active members and $95 for guests.
The workshop will be held from 9 am to 4 pm in the Spring Creek Opera House, 400 Sprint Creek Drive, Canmore, AB T1W 0C8
Workshop Registration Policies
Each year the guild organizes workshops based on demand and/or availability of instructors. Our policy for Workshop Registration Procedures and Payment as well as our Cancellation/Refund Policy are provided below. Please familiarize yourself with these policies before registering. The MCQG reserves the right to cancel a Workshop at any time.
To inquire contact the MCQG by email on our contact page; we will get back to you as quickly as possible. Please refer to the “Calendar” as well, for dates and times of all guild events.
Workshop Registration Procedures and Payment
- Workshop fees are required at time of registration (and will be deposited).
- Workshops are filled on a first‐come basis with full payment.
- Procedures to register in a Workshop are:
- a) Complete a registration form and submit to the Workshop coordinator,
- b) Provide a cheque for the full amount of the Workshop fee, and
- c) Make cheques/money-orders payable to "Mountain Cabin Quilters Guild" or "MCQG" and mail to: Attn: Workshop Coordinator, Box 8008, Canmore, AB, T1W 2T8
- Non-members may apply and the Workshop fee will be ~20% more than the member Workshop fee.
- Priority will be given to members for about 3 weeks after a workshop is advertised. A specific date will be set for each workshop, after which time non-members will be registered on a first‐come basis with full payment.
- Registrants may cancel a workshop registration before the deadline date and receive a full refund. The deadline date will depend on the requirement of the Workshop instructor and workshop venue). The deadline date is typically 30 days before the start date of the workshop .The refund will be issued by cheque.
- No refund of the registration fee will occur after the deadline date.
- If registrants are unable to attend after the deadline date, registration is transferable if the registrant:
- a) arranges to send someone in their place and
- b) informs the Workshop coordinator of their replacement
- If there are insufficient registrations, Workshops will be cancelled and a full refund issued.
- Registrants, who must cancel for a good reason (beyond the registrant's control) on the day of a workshop when it is impossible to find a replacement, will receive a credit for a subsequent Workshop fee if the education budget in the current year is overall in the black.