Upcoming Workshops and Road Trips
Threaducation Road Trip - Jan 30 or Feb 2
There are two road trips being organized to the Wonderfill Threaducation Centre ( https://www.calgarythreaducationcentre.com/ ) in Calgary.
Contact email@example.com for more information.
ENGLISH PAPER PIECING WORKSHOP with Dawn Hunt
1-Day Workshop, February 19, 2019
Come and spend a day exploring English Paper Piecing (EPP). We’ll start with a discussion about
needles, thimbles, tools, notions, fabric preparation & thread choices. Working on a throw pillow (or
whatever you’d like your hexies to become, such as drink coasters) you will learn several techniques
for fussy cutting motifs, basting your fabric to the templates and stitching the hexagons together.
You’ll also be introduced to an invisible hand appliqué stitch so you can appliqué your rosettes or
other EEP motifs onto a ground material. (As an added bonus you can use the appliqué stitch to hand
stitch bindings and labels on to your quilts.)
For registration information click here
Embroidery Stiteches in the Black Gold Tapestry by Sandra Sawatsky
1-Day Workshop, May 16, 2019
Sandra Sawatzky, artist and maker of The Black Gold Tapestry will take you through the steps to embroider your own dinosaur based on the BGT master cartoon using the same colours and yarns in the tapestry.
Sandra will demonstrate her methods and processes to achieve the results – from tracing to stitching - and will work with the group for the whole day – providing tips and personal guidance. All questions will be answered as it pertains to the embroidery.
For registration information click here
Workshop Registration Policies
Each year the guild organizes workshops based on demand and/or availability of instructors. Our policy for Workshop Registration Procedures and Payment as well as our Cancellation/Refund Policy are provided below. Please familiarize yourself with these policies before registering. The MCQG reserves the right to cancel a Workshop at any time.
To inquire contact the MCQG by email on our contact page; we will get back to you as quickly as possible. Please refer to the “Calendar” as well, for dates and times of all guild events.
Workshop Registration Procedures and Payment
- Workshop fees are required at time of registration (and will be deposited).
- Workshops are filled on a first‐come basis with full payment.
- Procedures to register in a Workshop are:
- a) Complete a registration form and submit to the Workshop coordinator,
- b) Provide a cheque for the full amount of the Workshop fee, and
- c) Make cheques/money-orders payable to "Mountain Cabin Quilters Guild" or "MCQG" and mail to: Attn: Workshop Coordinator, Box 8008, Canmore, AB, T1W 2T8
- Non-members may apply and the Workshop fee will be ~20% more than the member Workshop fee.
- Priority will be given to members for about 3 weeks after a workshop is advertised. A specific date will be set for each workshop, after which time non-members will be registered on a first‐come basis with full payment.
- Registrants may cancel a workshop registration before the deadline date and receive a full refund. The deadline date will depend on the requirement of the Workshop instructor and workshop venue). The deadline date is typically 30 days before the start date of the workshop .The refund will be issued by cheque.
- No refund of the registration fee will occur after the deadline date.
- If registrants are unable to attend after the deadline date, registration is transferable if the registrant:
- a) arranges to send someone in their place and
- b) informs the Workshop coordinator of their replacement
- If there are insufficient registrations, Workshops will be cancelled and a full refund issued.
- Registrants, who must cancel for a good reason (beyond the registrant's control) on the day of a workshop when it is impossible to find a replacement, will receive a credit for a subsequent Workshop fee if the education budget in the current year is overall in the black.