Upcoming Workshops and Road Trips
There are no road trips currently planned. Information will be posted as soon as it becomes available.
FUSIBLE MACHINE APPLIQUE With Marsha Wright, Tuesday April 28, 2020
Learn how to make quilt tops using the raw edge fusible applique method:
- Use a variety of iron-on fusible web products
- Practice finishing the raw edges of the applique using different stitches, including blanket, straight, and satin stitches
- Learn how to stabilize your stitching
- Develop confidence to make your own fusible applique quilts
- Get advice from Marsha about any applique projects you may have on the go
Supply list: Will be provided on registration. Because this is a skill based (not a project based) workshop supplies required will be minimal.
Details: Date: Tuesday, April 28, 2020, 9 am to 4 pm, Location: Canmore Recreation Centre Room 115
Registration Fee: Members: $ 75 Non-members: $ 90
Registration Deadline: March 19, 2020
Minimum number of participants:8 Maximum number of participants: 12
For further information, please email MCQG.Canmore@gmail.com
To register for this workshop
- Member registration is on first-come basis with full payment – please register sooner than later.
- Complete a registration form (below) before March 19, 2020 and submit to the course coordinator, and
- Provide a cheque or e-transfer for the full amount of the course fee of $75 at time of registration.
- Non-member registration will begin after March 1, 2020 on a first-come basis if space is still available. Non-member workshop fee is $90 to be paid in full on application.
- You may cancel your course registration before March 19, 202 and receive a full refund; the refund will be issued by cheque.
- No refund of the registration fee will occur after this deadline date.
- If you are unable to attend after the deadline date, registration is transferrable if you arrange to send someone in your place and inform the course coordinator of your replacement
- If there are insufficient registrations, the course will be cancelled and a full refund issued less any penalties to the guild.
- If the workshop is cancelled due to instructor illness, weather, or other unforeseen causes, then a refund less any penalties to the guild will be given.
- - - - - - - "- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -" - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -" - - - - - - - - - - - - - "- - - - - - -
REGISTRATION FORM – Fusible Machine Applique April 28, 2020 with Marsha Wright
Name: ____________________________ Phone number: ____________
Email address: ___________________________________________________________
|I have read and agree to the registration procedures and cancellation policy|
|I have enclosed a cheque for the member fee of $75 or the non-member fee of
$90 payable to Mountain Cabin Quilters Guild or “MCQG”
I have sent e-transfer to the Treasurer via email to MCQG.Canmore@gmail.com
Signature: ____________________________________ Date: ______________________
Please mail form & cheque to:
Mountain Cabin Quilters Guild, Attention: Education, PO Box 8008 Stn Main, Canmore, AB T1W 2T8
Workshop Registration Policies
Each year the guild organizes workshops based on demand and/or availability of instructors. Our policy for Workshop Registration Procedures and Payment as well as our Cancellation/Refund Policy are provided below. Please familiarize yourself with these policies before registering. The MCQG reserves the right to cancel a Workshop at any time.
To inquire contact the MCQG by email on our contact page; we will get back to you as quickly as possible. Please refer to the “Calendar” as well, for dates and times of all guild events.
Workshop Registration Procedures and Payment
- Workshop fees are required at time of registration (and will be deposited).
- Workshops are filled on a first‐come basis with full payment.
- Procedures to register in a Workshop are:
- a) Complete a registration form and submit to the Workshop coordinator,
- b) Provide a cheque for the full amount of the Workshop fee, and
- c) Make cheques/money-orders payable to "Mountain Cabin Quilters Guild" or "MCQG" and mail to: Attn: Workshop Coordinator, Box 8008, Canmore, AB, T1W 2T8
- Non-members may apply and the Workshop fee will be ~20% more than the member Workshop fee.
- Priority will be given to members for about 3 weeks after a workshop is advertised. A specific date will be set for each workshop, after which time non-members will be registered on a first‐come basis with full payment.
- Registrants may cancel a workshop registration before the deadline date and receive a full refund. The deadline date will depend on the requirement of the Workshop instructor and workshop venue). The deadline date is typically 30 days before the start date of the workshop .The refund will be issued by cheque.
- No refund of the registration fee will occur after the deadline date.
- If registrants are unable to attend after the deadline date, registration is transferable if the registrant:
- a) arranges to send someone in their place and
- b) informs the Workshop coordinator of their replacement
- If there are insufficient registrations, Workshops will be cancelled and a full refund issued.
- Registrants, who must cancel for a good reason (beyond the registrant's control) on the day of a workshop when it is impossible to find a replacement, will receive a credit for a subsequent Workshop fee if the education budget in the current year is overall in the black.